Everyone is aware of the app Canva which has transformed the lives of 100 million people. Graphic designers, web designers, website owners, agencies, and millions of other creatives use it daily.
Moreover, about 67% of its users are on the paid version using loads of premium features. But recently, Canva has introduced a new app with AI integration, which is probably one of its kind. The Canva text to image is taking the world of designers by storm.
It’s difficult to get the exact image on a platform that we create in our minds, but apps like these are trying to change that differential. The text to image app is easy to use and is free for all users (as of today).
How Canva Text to Image App Works
The app is a prompt-based program that takes commands from users and generates four responses based on the text. How can you use the Canva text to image app? Here’s how –
1. Head to Canva and sign up if you don’t have an account (highly doubtful). If you already have an account, log in.
2. Now choose any template from the options in the header. I’ve picked a custom-size template for this illustration.
3. Now, in the sidebar, navigate to the “Apps” option and click on it.
4. These days Canva’s text to image app is on the top, saving some scrolling. Click on the text to image app.
5. For first-time users, it will show some information about the app. Once you’re done reading it, hit the “USE” button.
6. You’ll see a dialogue box like the one shown in the image below. All your prompts will go in this dialogue box. Further, you can also select what type of art you want to generate. For now, there are only four options.
7. Then, you can select the size, either square, landscape, or portrait, of the generated image.
8. Once done with all of these, you need to hit the “Generate” button to start the Canva text to image app.
It generally takes a few seconds to load up the images. But in some cases can take more time, depending on the length of the text and its complexity. Your final output would be like this.
Results of this New AI App
The conversion speed is undoubtedly fast, but the accuracy is something this text to image app of Canva will have to work on. Below you’ll see some of the prompts are indecipherable for the app. It gets confused and messes up the output.
Moreover, this happens mostly when we give it a prompt related to humans. Like when I wrote “a woman doing movement meditation,” the app couldn’t understand it. Otherwise, it provides a pretty acceptable output on non-existing categories like cars, plants, pets, etc. Not the best among the competition, for sure.
I’ve been using various other text to image apps like Stable Diffusion, NightCafé, and Melobytes. I believe all Stable Diffusion is one of the highest-quality output-providing apps.
Nonetheless, with time the Canva text to image will surely get better, and the biggest advantage it has is the integration of Canva’s various other features. You can edit the images using Canva’s image editor to tune the color profile, provide clarity, or apply some kind of filter.
In conclusion, AI is taking over the world pretty fast. Also, do tell me below in the comments if you have tried this Canva app and what you think about it. Bye-Bye till next time!
Leave a Reply